The Top 10 Tips to get your home ready for Fall!
Happy First Day of Fall Hampton Roads! We are over the moon excited that we can get a pumpkin-flavored coffee without getting judged by the barista! Hampton Roads in Autumn is fun-filled with residents driving down the Colonial Parkway in Williamsburg just to see the leaves, and kids getting ready to go trick-or-treating in their Halloween costumes. But, before we get wrapped up in our cozy fall jackets and exploring the pumpkin patches in Hampton Roads, there are a few items on every homeowner's checklist that have to get done. Compare our list with yours to ensure that your home is ready for the seasonal change!
1. Feel for drafts around windows and doors. Catching this early on will save a lot of money in the winter on your heating bill.
2. Hire an HVAC professional to test for leaks, check heating efficiency, and change the filter.
3. Inspect your pipes and make sure they are well insulated - this will prevent your pipes from freezing in the winter.
4. Test and replace the batteries in your home safety devices. A good reminder is to do this the same time we change our clocks on Daylight Savings Day (November 5th!)
1. Check your roof and look for any missing or loose shingles and remove any debris.
2. Check and clean your chimney and fireplace. A dirty fireplace can cause a fire and most happen undetected until it's too late.
3. Inspect trees and trim landscaping. Be sure to look out for loose limbs in trees.
Inside the Garage:
1. Clean and service your summer power equipment. Empty out the fuel from the lawnmower and make any repairs that may be needed.
2. Buy extra gasoline just to have on hand for your generator in the cold winter months.
3. Clean out the garage! You're going to start digging around for holiday decoration, so you might as well clean the garage while you're at it!
Posted By +SimonHouses.com