Five Ways to Wow Homebuyers During the Holidays
Sellers listing their homes during the holidays can attract some very positive attention from homebuyers when some of that festive spirit is infused into their houses. The usual decluttering, cleaning, repairing and staging is also necessary for homes to show well, but taking advantage of this time of year to appeal to buyers' emotions can result in offers and a sale.
Impress buyers by:
- Decorating. Set up the Christmas tree, hang those stockings with care, dangle the mistletoe and put that elf on the shelf. Keep things simple and timeless for a look that's sure to please even the grinchiest of house hunters. If necessary, look in magazines for photos and ideas.
- Baking. There aren't many things that can evoke good feelings quite like seasonal aromas. Fresh baked goods like Christmas cookies can add that extra touch during showings and open houses. Don't like to cook? Add cinnamon sticks to apple cider, and heat on the stovetop.
- Starting a fire. If you've got a fireplace, there's no better time to show it off than during the holiday season. A warm fire on a chilly winter night can encourage buyers to stay while admiring all your home's attributes.
- Setting the table. Dress up your dining table as if Christmas Eve dinner will be served. Help buyers envision themselves in this space entertaining their own friends and family members.
- Stringing the lights. Although evening showings aren't common, evening drive-bys can be. Illuminate your house with some exterior Christmas lights here and there to make your home stand out from the competition.
Any seller can wow buyers during the holidays with attention to detail. Bring buyers, offers and merriment when you go the extra mile this time of year.
Posted By +SimonHouses.com
Categories: Home Selling