Making Backyard Improvements at Home This Summer
There's never a better time than summer to make backyard improvements at home; this way residents still have plenty of time left in the season to enjoy any new additions. Whether splurging or staying under budget, upgrading those outdoor spaces can be just the thing to keep the dog days of summer at bay.
Additions that make any backyard an oasis include items like:
- An outdoor kitchen. Those who love to grill can take their love of open-air cuisine even further with this improvement. A brick pizza oven, fish cleaning station, bar, mini-fridge, sink and more can all be built-in for years of enjoyment. Add top-of-the-line materials or keep it simple; it's up to you.
- A play set. If kids are in the household, a play set could be a welcome addition. There are various models that can fit in different spaces and offer kid-approved features. Ask the children for their input.
- Pavers. Create a pathway through a private garden. Or transform heavy traffic areas into focal points with these garden stones. Let creativity run wild with these square blocks.
- A patio. Adding a patio can extend functional, exterior living space. Those who already have a home patio can expand this area for even more space. Experiment with materials to put a personal spin on this project.
- A deck. Similar to a patio, a deck can provide a great gathering space for friends, family and neighbors during the warmer months. Bring out a pitcher of lemonade and some chairs for an old-fashioned gabfest.
That vacation can wait; now is the season for working in the yard. Take advantage of summer to make backyard improvements around your home, then enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Posted By +SimonHouses.com
Categories: Home Improvement