Fortune Smiles on Those Who PCS to Naval Station Norfolk
Although some folks may have misgivings when they receive PCS orders to Naval Station Norfolk, there are many advantages to living in this bayside city. Moving here could be more fun and convenient than anyone may have expected.
Little-Known perks to living in Norfolk include:
- No tolls. When you live and work in Norfolk, tolls aren't a part of everyday life. While many commuters must pay these fees, residents who stay local are basically exempt from these extra costs.
- Charm. Williamsburg is well-known for its Colonial style and Portsmouth has historic homes still standing but Norfolk also has a certain Old World appeal. Many historic sites and homes exist, as well as lovely old neighborhoods like Ghent and Colonial Place that offer a peek into yesteryear.
- Water-Related activities. Anglers can enjoy luring their next big catch at the Ocean View Fishing Pier. Like to row? There is a world-class rowing facility right along Lafayette River. Boating, paddle boarding, Jet Skiing, canoeing and kayaking are also fun pursuits in this city.
- Less time in traffic. There are plenty of nice neighborhoods within 10 minutes of NOB. Service members must be gone from home so much already, why spend another minute in traffic if it can be avoided?
- Wide variety of homes. High-rise condos, urban lofts, single-family houses, row homes, townhouses and more can be found in this part of Hampton Roads. There's a little bit of everything in Norfolk!
Virginia Beach has the ocean and Chesapeake has that suburban flair, but Norfolk... well, this often unsung hero has a few bells and whistles of its own. When you PCS to Naval Station Norfolk, know this location is one that offers entertainment, history and diversity, so come join the excitement when you make your home in Norfolk!
Posted By +SimonHouses.com
Categories: Home Buying