Five Things That Could Come Back to Haunt Buyers
There are several things that can come back to haunt homebuyers no matter the time of year. Don't get bewitched when house hunting, look out for these pitfalls to be sure to treat yourself to a home you'll love.
- Not making an offer. A buyer can't buy a home if he doesn't put in an offer. It's always good to think about which home will be best, but too much hemming and hawing can cause buyers to lose the home they really want. When it feels right, submit your offer to have the best shot of getting your first pick.
- Not getting a home inspection. Buyers who don't want to pay a paltry sum for a home inspection could be in for some costly surprises. These experts find more than just minor problems. Issues concerning expensive items like the roof, foundation, subflooring, electrical and plumbing are also uncovered during a thorough inspection.
- Caring more about the house than the location. While it's easy to fall in love with a particular home, it's important to take into account everything that comes along with it. The loveliest house could be located right along a busy, six-lane thoroughfare but the interior may never compensate for the noise and inconvenience of getting in and out of the driveway.
- Looking for a home mortgage loan at your current lending institution. Sometimes buyers feel more comfortable working with their current banking institutions, but this can often limit the number of available programs. For the best results, work with recommended loan officers who understand how to match clients with the right loan programs.
- Not working with an experienced agent. It doesn't cost buyers a penny to work with a licensed real estate agent, but it can cost them plenty (in time, money and aggravation) if they choose not to elicit this professional's help.
Buying a home doesn't have to be scary; it can be a wonderful experience. Just keep an eye out for these five things, so they won't come back to haunt you.
Posted By +SimonHouses.com
Categories: Home Buying