Five Things to do in South Hampton Roads Before Summer Ends
Summer's coming to a close again. But there is time left to do a few things in south Hampton Roads, and now is the season to do them! Even though Labor Day is right around the corner, fun can still be had! Make it a priority to put these activities on your short list, and don't forget to do them with someone you care about!
- Bike the Dismal Swamp Canal Trail. Located in Chesapeake, this three-mile paved trail is great for walkers and cyclists. The fresh air and abundance of mature trees make this stop a must. Check out birds and native wildlife that dot this nature-lover's delight. Pack a picnic lunch to enjoy in this serene setting at one of the on-site picnic tables.
- Go parasailing. There is no shortage of water in Hampton Roads, so make use of it in your spare time. People of all ages and fitness levels can go parasailing. This activity is both invigorating and relaxing. Locations like Rudee Inlet, Sandbridge Beach and the North End provide great places for trying out this water sport.
- Fish off the Ocean View Fishing Pier. This locale is perfect for that fisherman in all of us. Don't even worry about bringing the bait, as there are several types for sale here. Visit the restaurant if hunger strikes.
- Try paddle boarding. This fun sport can really tone up those muscles. More importantly, it can give residents the chance to see Coastal Virginia from the water. An added bonus is getting to see marine life like dolphins and otters up close.
- Climb the Cape Henry Lighthouse. Take an afternoon to get a better look at this local landmark. Enjoy the marvelous view when you reach the top of this tall structure that overlooks the coast.
There's still plenty of time left to try new things in this area. Jump at the chance to take advantage of summer activities in south Hampton Roads!
Posted By +SimonHouses.com