To Buy or Not to Buy a Home During the Summer?
Summer is the perfect season for many things, but is buying a home in Hampton Roads one of them? There are pros and cons for buying a home during the hottest months of the year.
Reasons to Buy in the Summer
- Good time to explore. Neighborhoods can seem deserted in other seasons, but summer is an ideal time to see who really comes and goes. Get a true feel for the community and whether or not you'll fit in with the neighbors.
- Sellers could be willing to deal. With the school year looming in the not so distant future, many sellers may be more open to negotiating during this time period.
- Inventory. Traditionally, this is one of the times of year when buyers have a large selection of homes to view.
- Gardens are in tip-top shape. It can be hard to envision the beauty of a property when buyers can't see the blossoms in bloom during colder months.
Reasons it May be Better to Wait to Buy
- It's vacation time. Some buyers may be tempted to wait to house hunt when they can take vacations instead.
- There's competition. While there may be many homes on the market, there are also many buyers looking. Those who like a quieter market, may do better to wait.
- Heat. The temperatures and humidity in Hampton Roads can get pretty toasty, especially in July and August. Buyers who would rather search for homes in coats, may like the winter market instead.
- Movers. Summer is the most popular time of year to move, so it can be tricky scheduling a reputable moving company to take care of your move in the height of the season.
Before buying a home this summer, know that when you work with a SimonHouses.com agent, this experience can be fun any time of year.
Posted By +SimonHouses.com