Last Minute Halloween Home Décor
'Tis the season of ghouls and goblins, so infuse the festivity of Halloween into your home and lawn. It's not too late to bring forth the orange and black before trick-or-treaters come knocking at your door.
Get into the Halloween spirit by:
- Decorating pumpkins. Purchase two or more pumpkins and let your creativity flow. Paint, bedazzle or carve up your orange produce before October 31 in whatever designs make you smile. Add lit candles to carved pumpkins on the night of Halloween.
- Adding a touch of whimsy. Use what you have around the house to make your home stand out from the pack. White cotton balls or rope can make spider webbing. Spray paper plates black, then attach pipe cleaners for legs to make spiders. Construction paper can make anything from witch hats to ghosts.
- Sweetening things up. Don't forget to get candy for the little ones. Display treats in a big dish sure to impress.
- Preparing some grown-up eats. This time of year is perfect for catching up with neighbors you haven't seen in a while or chatting it up with your favorite people on the block. Having some ready-made snacks available for trick-or-treater chaperones is a good way to make your home the most desirable stop of the night.
- Shedding some light. Be sure your entryway light is working and your walkway is clearly lit. Solar lights or homemade luminaries can do the trick.
Halloween isn't just about answering the door. Move some chairs outside and have a meet and greet with trick-or-treaters and their families. Get your home ready for Halloween without too much trouble, so you can enjoy the best things about this holiday.
Posted By +SimonHouses.com
Categories: Home Improvement