Enjoying Fall in Hampton Roads
Fall in love with Hampton Roads all over again this autumn. This time of year gives residents even more fun things to do to enjoy all this area offers.
Try these local fall activities:
- Pick out pumpkins. Support local farms by buying pumpkins at scenic locales. Brookdale Farm, Hickory Ridge Farm, Poor John's Farm and College Run Farms are just a few of the places to find fresh pumpkins for sale. Buy some for decorating and some for pies before inventory runs low.
- Meander in a corn maze. Take the whole family to enjoy getting lost in one of these natural delights. Pumpkinville and Bergey's Breadbasket are some local farms that offer corn mazes in the fall months. Remember it's not always about finding your way out, the fun can be in the journey itself. Don't forget those cameras!
- Visit a holiday bazaar. Check out some of the local bazaars in the region. These festive affairs are the essence of fall in Hampton Roads. Find Christmas presents, knick-knacks and homemade baked goods at these adorable markets.
- Watch football. Whether it's enjoying a local game with kids you know, watching a big game on TV or going to a regional college game, fall is certainly the time for this sport.
- Plant bulbs. Spring is a beautiful season in southeast Virginia, partly because of all of the bulbs that flower during this time. But in order for these posies to bloom, they must be planted in the cold ground of late fall.
When leaves start to turn color, know there's even more to do in Hampton Roads during the fall.
Posted By +SimonHouses.com