Using the 2015 Color of the Year- Marsala
The 2015 Pantone color of the year is Marsala. Use this rich shade of wine to add a little drama to your home. Bring the party to your front door when you let your cup runneth over with this shade can really!
Ways to use Marsala in your home:
- Paint. Bold homeowners can choose to paint an accent wall or even an entire room. Color-shy owners can opt for painting a desk, chairs, table, mantel, bookcase or wall mirror frame.
- Textiles. Adding some warmth with this rich color is easy to do. Place some Marsala colored towels in a bathroom or display kitchen towels in that color. Pillows and/or throws can make a nice addition to any living room, while a new duvet, comforter or pillow shams can add some dramatic flair to a bedroom. Curtains or valances in this color can enhance ambiance.
- Dining area. Let the festivities begin when setting the table with Marsala dishes and cups. Table runners, napkins, placemats, placecard holders, napkin rings and even flowers for the centerpiece can make quite the statement.
- Accessories. Artwork, knickknacks, vases, candles, lampshades and drawer pulls are all ways to infuse Marsala into your home without overpowering it. Group items in three or fives for a striking look.
- Exterior. Fallen in love with this color of the year? Consider painting your front door in this bold hue. Not so sure about this shade? Try painting some planters, window boxes or mailbox with this color. Or wait until spring and look for Marsala-colored flowers to plant in your garden!
Live a little and unleash that wild inner child who begs for color in your house! Homeowners can begin to taste life's bold flavor with Pantone's Marsala.
Posted By +SimonHouses.com
Categories: Home Improvement