Choosing Which Hampton Roads City to Live in
When relocating to Hampton Roads, there are several cities where newcomers can choose to live. Although the right place can be different for each household, every city in southeast Virginia offers something special. Check out some of the highlights below to see which places might make your short list.
- Chesapeake. The perfect mix of city and country, Chesapeake certainly appeals to those looking to enjoy life in suburbia. The Intracoastal Waterway, Chesapeake Arboretum and Chesapeake City Park are local treasures.
- Hampton. This busy waterfront city is known for festivals and scenic views. The Hampton Coliseum, Virginia Air and Space Center and Fort Monroe are notable sites.
- Newport News. This sprawling college town offers shopping, nice neighborhoods and easy access to major thoroughfares. The Mariners' Museum, Newport News Park and Ferguson Center for the Arts all draw visitors each year.
- Norfolk. This landmark city is home to Naval Station Norfolk, Camp Allen and Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek- Fort Story. Don't miss the Battleship Wisconsin, Chrysler Museum or Norfolk Botanic Gardens.
- Portsmouth. Home to Norfolk Naval Shipyard and Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, this bayside city has a thriving downtown area. Check out historical homes in Olde Towne, the Childrens' Museum and Virginia Sports Hall of Fame and Museum.
- Suffolk. Enjoy all the amenities of a metro area with less stress typically associated with a city when living in Suffolk. Constant's Wharf Park and Marina, the Great Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge and the Suffolk Center for Cultural Arts are nice places to spend an afternoon.
- Virginia Beach. Known for its expansive Atlantic coastline, Virginia Beach is also home to Naval Air Station Oceana. The Oceanfront, Virginia Beach Town Center and Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge are just a few of what this large city offers.
So once you've tried out a few of your top picks, making the final selection shouldn't be that hard. Besides, you can't go wrong no matter which Hampton Roads city you choose!
Posted By +SimonHouses.com