Top Home Renovations in 2014
Homeowners looking to get the biggest bang for their buck in 2014 can do so with three major renovations as well as three minor renovations. When done properly, each of these projects can yield a significant return and more importantly, can improve quality of life for every household member who can enjoy the home after improvements are completed.
Top three large-scale renovations this year include:
- Kitchens. These rooms are generally the heart of the home, so it's no wonder why these remain one of the most popular renovations. Go lightly here for the highest return. See if the cabinets can be repainted before automatically scrapping them. Update cabinet hardware for a fresh look too. The backsplash can instantly perk up this space but won't break the bank either.
- Bathrooms. This renovation remains a common choice for homeowners looking to modernize their properties. Owners who know they'll want to sell in the future may want to go with neutral tones that appeal to more buyers.
- Attic Conversions. Turning an unused attic space into another bedroom or suite could be a great dollar for dollar return. Just be careful to work within your specific layout or address potential issues before beginning work; nobody wants to walk through a bedroom in order to reach the stairs that lead to an additional bedroom.
Top three small-scale renovations this year include:
- Front Doors. This improvement can enhance the looks of a house as well as the energy efficiency without spending too much.
- Garage Doors. Again, this fairly minor renovation can make a home more energy-efficient while improving curb appeal. There are so many different styles of doors today that owners can really transform their homes with this one simple change.
- Decks. Adding or replacing a back deck can enhance value to houses for a fair price. Go a step further and add French doors that open to the new deck for even greater appeal.
Do the research, discuss your needs with a trusted contractor and then take the next step. There are several home renovations that can really make a difference for owners in 2014.
Posted By +SimonHouses.com
Categories: Home Improvement