Five Reasons Why Portsmouth is Worth Paying Tolls
This month's recent addition of tolls to both the Midtown and Downtown tunnels leading in and out of Portsmouth may leave some area residents wondering why they should venture into this city. Aside from driving into Portsmouth for business reasons, there are a variety of reasons why this city is worth the tolls and the trip.
- Scenery. View the historic homes in Olde Town and the beauty during a sunset stroll along the river. Step into a carriage for a horse-drawn carriage ride to get a closer look at the sights. Catch a ride on the Carrie B Showboat. This paddle wheeler is great for those who want to connect with this picturesque city on the water.
- Housing. There are plenty of affordable housing options in Portsmouth. Nice condos, single-family houses and townhomes are available at reasonable prices. Whether you're seeking a new construction home or a historic home, you can find what you're looking for in this waterside city.
- Activities. Antiquing and shopping are two popular pastimes around these parts for good reason- there's many places to do these things. There are museums here too: the Portsmouth Art and Cultural Center, Jewish Museum and Cultural Center, Children's Museum of Virginia and the Virginia Hall of Fame Museum are just some of the local museums.
- Military. Coast Guard Base Portsmouth, Norfolk Naval Shipyard and Naval Medical Center Portsmouth are military bases here. Shopping is a breeze at Norfolk Naval Shipyard's commissary, new in 2013. Hospital patrons get a nice view of downtown Norfolk and the waterfront when visiting Naval Medical Center Portsmouth.
- Parks. Hike trails, kayak and view native wildlife at Hoffler Creek Wildlife Preserve. The Paradise Creek Nature Park is compromised of 40 acres where visitors can learn about the Elizabeth River. The Portsmouth Splash Park is an aquatic fun area for the whole family to enjoy.
Paying the tolls is actually a bargain when you consider all the perks Portsmouth offers!
Posted By +SimonHouses.com