Fun Things to do This Winter in Hampton Roads
Winter can be the season for fun in Hampton Roads, even though the temperatures can get down right chilly. Take a look at some of the many happenings across southeastern Virginia to see what's going on in your neck of the woods.
- Winter Wildlife Boat Trips. Take the whole family for a ride off the coast of Virginia Beach. Keep your eyes peeled for whales, dolphins, sea birds and more. Enjoy the cool, fresh air on your face and don't forget those cameras.
- Jewish Film Festival. Get exposed to some culture at the Virginia Festival of Jewish Film. Going on from January 18 through the 26, these films are being shown at various venues throughout the area. Buy a ticket, grab a friend and find a seat!
- The Virginia Flower & Garden Expo. Get a head start in your home garden this year by attending the Virginia Flower & Garden Expo that starts January 31, and runs through February 2. Find out about plants that grow well in this climate, and learn more about landscaping options for your new home. There will also be speakers sharing their knowledge as well as a floral challenge.
- TowneBank Coastal Virginia Wine Fest. Raise your glass at this two-day event held in the Virginia Beach Convention Center. Celebrating vino from more than 30 Virginia wineries can certainly warm you up no matter how cold it is outside.
- Downtown Norfolk Restaurant Week. Eat, drink and be merry for less at participating restaurants during this fun event. Go out for dinner, stop in for lunch or treat that special someone to date night at one of more than 15 restaurants.
- 97.3 The Eagle Country Winterblast Music Festival. Don those cowboy boots and listen to country singers like Scotty McCreery, Eric Paslay and Kelleigh Bannen. Join in some country line dancing lessons, play a game of cornhole and more.
Forget sitting around the fireplace in your jammies. Hampton Roads offers opportunities for fun all winter long; so come out and join in the festivities!
Posted By +SimonHouses.com