Help Your Agent Hold a Successful Open House With Five Easy Tips
When it comes to holding a successful open house, sellers can give their agents a real edge at luring buyers. Even if the house is already repaired, staged and market-ready, there are a few tips homeowners can follow before the big day.
- Remove personal items. Take care to ensure prescription medicines are removed. Lock file cabinets containing personal papers and gun safes containing weapons. Take valuables like jewelry to a safe deposit box ahead of time.
- Clean. Give your home an extra thorough cleaning to ensure a successful open house. Make sure dishes are clean and stowed properly, so the dishwasher can be checked out well. Don't forget exterior spaces!
- Add extra touches. Really set the stage for a sale by adding drama. Add fresh flower arrangements to rooms, set out a bowl of yummy candy in the entryway, set up a board game on a table and put aquarium dvds on televisions.
- Plan. Speak with your real estate agent before the day of the open house. Decide when to hold the event; weekends work best. Find out if your agent is providing finger foods, beverages, cups, napkins, etc., if you will share the responsibility or you want to take care of everything yourself.
- Leave. Although this can be one of the hardest steps, it is also one of the most important. Buyers need to feel comfortable and that can rarely happen when sellers are within earshot. You choose your agent for a reason, now let him sell your home! Don't forget to take children, significant others, in-laws and pets with you.
Holding open houses can certainly attract attention. Make your home so nice nobody wants to leave. A successful open house isn't hard for owners coordinate, but it can make a world of difference when it comes to getting an offer.
Posted By +SimonHouses.com
Categories: Home Selling