Get Your Home Ready for Summer in Hampton Roads
As Memorial Day approaches, there's no better time to get your home ready for summer in Hampton Roads. The warmer months can mean fun in the hot southern sun, but homeowners who take the time to prepare for this season will be the true winners.
- Service HVAC unit(s). Nobody wants to spend this humid season without the benefit of air conditioning. Make sure your home's units are properly serviced and can cool your space efficiently throughout the hot days ahead.
- Set the exterior stage. Uncover the pool, clean it, test the water and add any necessary chemicals. Clean up the grill with a good scrubbing before cooking that first meal outside. Get the lawn furniture out and give it a good washing if necessary. Consider repainting metal furniture and/or replacing cushions.
- Check for creepy crawlies. Just as the warm weather tempts people out of their homes, it can also attract bugs. Look for products to prevent unwanted pests from invading your home in Hampton Roads. Consider hiring a professional if you find a large nest or infestation on your property.
- Maintain windows and doors. Ensure storm doors and windows are secure to protect against summer storms. Clean and repair screens as necessary.
- Turn fan blades. Help the cool down room temperatures by switching blades counterclockwise in warmer months. But be sure to turn fans off when leaving rooms, as effects are only felt by occupants.
- Beef up security. As temperatures rise, so do crime rates. Ensure your residence is safe by trimming bushes near the house, becoming active in a neighborhood watch group and getting a home security system.
Taking the time to welcome the vacation season can pay off for homeowners. Have a fantastic summer at your home in Hampton Roads this year when you work before you play.
Posted By +SimonHouses.com